Thirteenth generation (2015–2020)
To change a tail light bulb on a Ford F150, you will need to follow these steps as shown in the video instruction above:
- Locate the tail light assembly on the vehicle on the rear of the vehicle.
- Open the tailgate to access the back of the tail light assembly screws.
- Remove the two screws holding the tail light assembly in place.
- Carefully pull the tail light assembly straight back from the vehicle and disconnect the electrical connector from the back of the assembly.
- Locate the bulb that needs to be changed. It will likely be held in place by a twist-locking mechanism or a clip.
- Carefully twist or push the bulb to release it from the assembly.
- Replace the old bulb with a new one of the same type and size, and reassemble the tail light assembly in the reverse order of disassembly.
- Test the light before pushing the assembly back in place.
Note: depending on the exact model and year of your Ford F150, the instructions may vary slightly and it is a good idea to check the manual to get accurate instructions.